Kids being hyperactive love to move around and power wheels can help them doing so. Best power wheels for 3 years old will make your child hop into this attractive ride. Power Wheels is a battery-powered car for 3 year old toddlers and big kids. It is a best kid’s ride on toy and a mini car for them to drive.
Table of Contents
What to Look for When Buying Power Wheels
Here is a brief buying guide for you about the things that you should consider while buying power wheels for you three year old.
Style and Colour
- Power wheels are available in various styles and colours which gives you a plethora of items to choose from. However, if you know your kid well it is not going to be that much of problem to make a choice about which ride-on you need to buy.
- Power wheels are available in a number of colours so it is usually quite easy to find power wheels in your kid’s favorite colour whether it is a boy or a girl.
- Furthermore, some power wheels also feature cartoon themes such as Mickey Mouse, Dora, Batman, etc that are popular among children of various ages. If your kid like a particular cartoon you can look for power wheels with their theme as well.
Remote Control Option
- This feature is not common to all the power wheels out there. If you are super concerned about the safety of your kid while they drive their power wheels then you should definitely look for power wheels that come with remote control option for parental override whenever it is needed.
- This amazing feature allows you to control your kid’s power wheels in case your kid looses the control or is headed for a collision. This feature is an excellent addition to the security that power wheels offer.
High Speed Lockout
- High-speed lock-out is another amazing feature to have parental control and adds further to the security. This feature is not very common either. We recommend you to look for a ride-on that has this option.
- It allows you to restrict the maximum speed that your child can drive with. In a way, you are able to reduce the actual maximum speed that a ride-on offers.
- There are two modes in these power wheels, beginner mode and the one in which the maximum speed can be reached at. When the beginner mode is at play, the speed limit is restricted.
- You can lift this restriction by unlocking the maximum speed when you feel like your kid has learnt to drive and control the ride-on perfectly at reduced speed.
Power Lock Brake
- This feature is placed in power wheels to ensure that the vehicle stops moving as soon as the little drivers remove their feet from the paddle. The ride-on automatically stops when the paddle no longer has a foot pressing it.
- This feature allows the kids to have more control over the speeding and movement of the power wheels. Furthermore, in case the kid looses control over the power wheels and is about to bump into something or someone, removing the foot from the paddle would stop the vehicle immediately.
- Yet another uncommon but amazing feature is gradual acceleration. Unlike the braking mechanism of the power wheels
- It is designed to stop the car immediately when foot is lifted off the paddle, a gradual acceleration system works to steadily accelerate the power wheels instead of giving a sudden burst of speed when the paddle is pressed.
- This allows the kid to have more control over the ride-on and prevents them from bumping into things and people when they start their ride.
Reverse Driving Option
- The option to reverse the car is not common to all the power wheels. If you want your kid to have a richer, more realistic and more fun experience while driving their power wheels, you should look for power wheels that feature a reverse button too.
- Moreover, kids would love to see that their little car is just as good as their parent’s bigger one (or may be even better) and that their car is not missing any important function such as the option to reverse!
- Kids while driving their power wheels are definitely going to bump into things like walls or a tree trunk from time to time.
- It is good to make sure that your kid’s ride-on comes with seat belts and that your kid has fastened them on when he/she is starting to drive.
- It is an excellent security feature for power wheels and also communicates the importance of following the safety rules at a young age.
Number of Seats
- One-seater power wheels are comparatively cheaper than the two-seater or four-seater ones. If the kid has siblings of around the same age then it is strongly advisable to go for a ride-on that has more than one seat.
- Even if the kid has no siblings it is a good idea to have at least two seats to allow your kid a chance to socialize and play with other kids.
Top 6 Best Power Wheels for 3 Years Old
Image Name Price
12V parent Remote Control car– Black
-Powerful 12 V battery
-Parent and manual control
Power Wheels Dune Racer-Pink
-12v battery (rechargeable)
-7 mph speed
12V Lamborghini Aventador SV Sports Car Toy–Black
-2-kids seating capacity
12V 2-Seater Licensed Land Rover
-7 mph speed
-A built-in AUX outlet
12V Chevy Silverado Kid's-Red
-2-kids seating capacity
12 Volt Explorer Truck Battery Powered
1. 12V parent Remote Control car– Black
- Powerful 12 V battery and durable design
- Parent and manual control
- Music connectivity
This tiny but wonderfully powerful ride is an appropriate purchase you can make for your 3-year-old and toddlers to enjoy driving like grownups.
this Best power wheels for 3 years old come with a strong seat belt, lockable doors, bright LED headlights and grid windshield for the off-road style ride.
It also comprises a 12-volt battery with a long shelf line and strong durable tires to ride on variety rough surfaces including hills, grass and bumpy terrains.
It provides both options including the manual drive and the remote controlled one. Parental remote control has joystick which enables forward and backward movement.
These are the best power wheels for kids as it comes in affordable price range of under 200$.
Power wheels (battery operated vehicle) for children has plastic wheels that are durable and do not deflate for a very long time period.
It takes 12 hours to initially charge the battery after charging battery run time is approximately 2 hours. This product offers your child best electric ride on toy with a spring suspension system.
These cool power wheels for kids come with a charger.
It has 2.8 mph maximum speed for smooth and bump-free outdoor rides.
This motorized power wheel car is safe as it comes with seat belts and is in fact best power wheel ride for 3 year old boy and also for kids with an age ranging from 5-6 year old. Moreover, it does not trip over.
Power wheels also constitute a built-in AUX cable which enables kids to connect media devices and enjoy jamming to their choice of music.
Its dimensions are; 26″(W) x 39.25″(L) x 26″(H) having a weight Capacity of 61 lbs.
- Shifting speeds
- Multi surface traction
- Reasonable price
- One seater
2. Power Wheels Dune Racer-Pink
- Speed control function
- In built toy storage compartment
Funkiness attracts girls so the hot pink vehicle can grab your child’s attention to have this fancy car with flashy wheels and stylish grille.
Your kid’s safety is accurately ensured with hard steel structure and metallic handles for proper support.
It is best electric car for kids as it is very spacious, there’s enough room to adjust a friend or sibling for the ride.
This vehicle has open cockpit design which acts as an in built toy storage compartment.
The monster traction technique makes it a super easy vehicle to ride smoothly on all surfaces including wet grass, rough unequal surfaces and bumpy ground.
These battery-operated vehicles for children are built for hours of endless backyard adventures and fun for toddlers. It has a 12 volt battery with a charger.
It can be driven 4 to 8 km per hour (2.5 and 5mph) and has an excellent forward and reverse mileage. As well as it enables easy forward and reverse movement with its foot accelerator.
Parents controlled system makes it super easy for the parents to control the speed and have a look at the children while they enjoy rolling this ride. Kid’s safety is perfectly guaranteed with lock system. Brakes are applied as soon as kid’s feet are uplifted from the pedal.
It can be conveniently stored in any corner of the house since it occupies less space. This funky car contains 2 seats that can hold weight around 59kg (130 lb).
- It comes in different color options
- Two seater
- Excellent traction technique
- Good mileage
- Slightly Over priced
3. 12V Lamborghini Aventador SV Sports Car Toy–Black
- Music connection
- 12v battery (rechargeable)
- 7 mph speed
- Remote control& manual
- A built-in AUX outlet
This toy car that your child can ride in is officially-licensed Lamborghini sports Aventador sports car with swinging doors, LED headlights and built-in horn. The good quality Led lights make it convenient for night usage.
It comes in a beautiful attractive style to make your child love it. These power wheels also have color options including red and white.
Music system connectivity allows kids to plug in media devices and enjoy jamming sessions of their choice of music.
Kids can enjoy best battery powered ride either manually or parents can utilize the remote control to guide their children for a safe, hassle free ride.
Remote control also has speed range for selection of variant speed ranges and reverse/forward controls making the mobility of the battery powered vehicle
It also offers a charger to allow uninterrupted playtime and an adventurous experience.
Little ones can enjoy safe yet exciting ride on toy cars which can cover 9 to 3.7 MPH
It has dimensions; 52″(L) x 18″(H) x 28.75″(W).
It has weight Capacity of 66 lbs.
- User friendly design
- Music option
- Charger included in the package
- Easily assemble
- · Doors are slightly difficult for the children to open
4. 12V 2-Seater Licensed Land Rover
- 2-kids seating capacity
- Remote operated and manual
- Smooth and comfortable driving
- Durable design
- Aux cable feature
- Bright Led lights and loud radio
This officially-licensed Land Rover offers best price on power wheels ride and has two seater power wheels that enables your child to enjoy a safe and comfortable ride with a friend or sibling.
It lets your kid drive manually or you can also utilize the 2.4 GHz remote control for guidance when required.
The remote comes with forward/reverse control system and speed control buttons.
This battery operated vehicle has treaded tires and a 4-wheel suspension that creates a smooth toy car in which your kid can ride in.
Kids electric car with remote allow cruise at a low speed of 1.8 mph or a maximum speed of 3.7 mph.
Power wheels for 2 kids allow them to enjoy their favorite music by plugging in a synchronizing device to the AUX cable. A startup sound, a horn and LED headlights create a wonderful ride to enjoy!
The tough metal frame together with PP plastic make this battery operated vehicle to use for a long time period. This battery powered car for toddlers does not require extra storage space. It also has a rear bottom handle for convenient transportation when not in use.
It has dimensions; 34″(W) x 51.25″(L) x 26″(H) and weight Capacity of 125 lbs.
- In built big storage compartment
- Easy to assemble
- Rubber tires which are not very durable
5. 12V Chevy Silverado Kid’s-Red
- Functional and realistic features
- Luxury details
- Compact size
- Aux cord connection available
These are the fastest power wheels in the market. This is a quality power wheel for kid of 3 year and above. power wheels meet all the safety requirements and has a high-speed lockout system for addition safety.
It has a forward speed of 2.5 mph to 5 mph and a reverse speed of 2.5 mph. This is a best battery powered kid car that includes battery life indicator, clear windshield, cup holders, opening tailgate and detailed dashboard. It also has two opening doors and rubber traction strips for more stability.
This is the best motorized cars for kids having excellent details including working tailgate, chrome details, back it dashboard, functional LED headlights, engine noise, speakers and horn to give this battery powered ride on toys for kids feel like the original truck.
Its operation is quite simple; you have to just plug in the battery into the external charging port.
These four wheel drive power wheels enable the kids to enjoy the ride along their choice of music with the help of MP 3 cord and speakers.
This toy car has an overall dimension of 35″ (W) x 62″ (L) x 28″ (H). It can hold weight up to 130 lbs. This toy car is for 3 year old kids and for adults
- Easy to assemble
- Convenient to charge
- Music connection
- Detailed dashboard with battery life indicator
- Over priced
6. 12 Volt Explorer Truck Battery Powered
- Luxury features
- Music connection
- Parent control system
- Removable large capacity battery
- Automatic battery charge control which prevents from over charging
This is power wheels for 2 kids offers a joy able ride-On Truck Car for Toddlers, young ones from age of 3 years to 5 Years.
This electric powered toy car has an electric brake system and soft start for reliable braking and gradual acceleration.
Power wheels for 2 kids also have soft, perforated & adjustable leather seats with two-way safety Seat Belts.
These motorized vehicles also possess front & rear spring shock absorbents to prevent jerks.
It has a unique style and has a soft glow underbody blue LED light kit.
These power wheels for 2 kids come with a digital on-screen battery voltage meter, and horn buttons present on the steering wheel.
It has a large capacity removable battery with overload protection, 2 sturdy motors, and two forward speeds and one reverse Speed having a maximum speed of 2-5 Mph.
This battery-operated toy car has 2.4 GHz parental remote control with additional remote stop function.
This is the best power wheels for 3 years old with excellent features including Gauges, LED Light Bars / Dashboard Lights /Tail Lights, LED Headlights.
This battery-powered car for toddlers also has easy to open doors and a storage hood for maximizing their fun by enabling them to store toys and also has an integrated Bluetooth enabled MP Player, AUX audio input and FM Radio.
In addition, it can play files from USB drive, micro SD card and also from external devices like iPhone, iPod, Android phones or iPad.
- Accommodation for 2 kids
- Excellent battery time
- Adjustable seats
- Parent remote with remote stop function
- It comes in different color options
- Integrated Handlebar for easy transport
What are the Power Wheels?
Power wheels are miniature cars that come with quite realistic features of a real car designed for the young kids. They are electric motorized cars powered by rechargeable batteries.
Usually, power wheels have quite good battery timings when it comes to toys that are operated by batteries in general. Power wheels do not take much space for storage either given their design and structure.
Power wheels, for the most part, are of two types with respect to the style; either they are designed as a car or as a truck. Car style power wheels are comparatively compact and seem to work best for the three years old kids and even younger ones.
Truck designs are bulkier and usually seem to work best for children over the age of five. A great number of power wheels are made to be the replicas of famous models of big automobile companies which make them appear quite cool.
Usually, power wheels are available as one-seater, two-seaters as well as four-seaters so that kids can have fun riding together. Furthermore, there is a huge variety of power wheels when it comes to colors so they can be bought for boys as well as girls.
Types of power wheels
These power wheels come in two styles either truck or car style. Car is style is more popular for toddlers and 3 year old kids because it offers additional safety due to a low COG. They are also faster than trucks.
The other style of power wheels includes truck style which is suitable for kids of all age groups. They come in replicas of all famous models such as Toyota, Ford and Dodges.
They are larger than the car type power wheels and take more space. This type of power wheels are more suitable for kids of 5-10 year age.
Four wheeler power wheels are 12 volt battery operated vehicles for kids. The battery needs to be charges first time for straight 14 hours. You have to assemble the battery in place and it’s ready to roll in only 20 minutes. These battery operated toy cars have excellent battery timing.
Power wheels come with a strong seat belt that helps in keeping your kid attached to the seat and ensures safety. These are remote operated electric cars and the speed can be conveniently adjusted.
Two seater power wheels for 2 kids make the siblings have fun together. Children can enjoy the ride with their friends on a 4 seater power wheel. This ride comes in a wide range of funky colors for both girls and boys.
These cool power wheels for kids can be the best birthday present for your little ones.
Amazon provides the best price on power wheels ranging from low end to high-end products which make this toy car a wonderful choice you can opt for your kid.
Why Should you get Power Wheels for your 3-Year-Old?
Kids love to imitate the adults around them in general and their parents in particular. When they see their parents or other people driving cars on the road it definitely appears to them to be a super fun activity, full of enjoyment and adventure.
To let them experience what driving feels like and offer them some great off the road fun and adventure, power wheels are doubtlessly one of the best options, especially for kids aged around three.
Power wheels are quite popular and make excellent presents for the kids no matter what the occasion is, whether it is birthday, holidays or any other event.
Moreover, over the past decade or so, prices of power wheels have gone down while quality, variety and number of features they offer has gone up. All in all, power wheel is an excellent option if you are looking for a perfect gift for your kid.
Is it Safe to Buy Power Wheels for a 3-year-Old Kid?
Whether a power wheel is safe for a three-year-old kid is the most important question that parents ask when they are planning to buy one. Power wheels make excellent toys for kids ranging from two-year-old kids to about eight-year-old kids alike.
It is important to note that some power wheels are better suited for younger kids while others are particularly designed for older kids. Therefore, power wheels made for three year old kids are safe for them to drive and have fun while doing so.
By and large, the product descriptions mention how old a kid should be to be able to play with the toy. So make sure to give it a look and see if you can find any such indication. If you cannot find it in product description then do not hesitate to ask your buyer about the age limit for the power wheel you want to buy.
Furthermore, how many safety features a certain ride-on offers also varies from one ride-on to another. For instance, look for power wheels that come with the following features like
- Power-lock brake system
- Options of parental control
- High speed lockout feature
- Safety belts
- Gradual acceleration
These features offer more safety.
Power wheel is a fun-filled adventurous ride to thrill your kids in affordable price ranges. The battery-operated power wheels featured here cover a variant range of age groups from 3 to 6 old.
These power wheels come in child-friendly designs and have flexible features and undoubtedly the top best power wheels for 3 years old children to experience off-road adventures.
These power wheels have large capacity batteries to facilitate break free or unstoppable rides. Enhance the learning experience of your child.
It needs very low maintenance such as recharging batteries or replacing them if required. Your child will love this toy car. Make this fantastic decision today and bring limitless happiness to your children by getting them the best toy cars in the market.
1. What material do the wheels of the vehicle have?
Some of them have plastic and some has rubber wheels itis mentioned in the product description.
2. Does the tailgate open in the two-seater car/truck?
Yes, the tailgate opens in a two-seater car/truck.
3. Is it suitable for 3-8 yrs old kid?
Yes, if your child is not very tall and has a usual height.
4.Does this toy car has pedals or kid controls it through steering-wheel buttons?
It has pedals; your child can manually drive it and it also comes with parental remote control for guidance to ensure a safe drive for children.
5. Can I assemble the vehicle myself or I need to take it to someone?
You probably have to take it to someone.
6. Do these battery-powered toys have adjustable seats?
Yes, these motorized cars have easy to adjust seats.
7. What material the wheels of the ride-ons are made up of?
It varies from power wheel to power wheel. Some power wheels have rubber wheels while some of them have plastic ones.
8.Can the seats of power wheels be adjusted?
Yes, most of the power wheels feature seats that can be adjusted rather easily. However, some of them have fixed seats as well.
9.Kids of what age can drive power wheels?
Usually, kids aged around two to seven can drive power wheels. Besides, there are different ride-on for kids of different age as well. Kids older than this can also drive power wheels but usually at this age they are no longer interested in them.
10. Can Kids drive power wheels on the grass?
Yes, most ride-ons feature small caster and strong wheels and therefore kids can easily drive them over the grass as well as other bumpy surfaces.
11. Can power wheels be modified?
Of course, there are a number of ways that you can find online to modify your kid’s ride-on. However, be sure to check that the modification you are making may render the warranty void.
Also, pay attention to the safety features of the ride-on and ensure that the modification will not compromise safety.
For More Reviews: Compareget.com