If you are a frequent traveler and prefer to drive in your own car then you might want the best GPS with backup camera. The GPS allows you to have location and information of all the hospitals, CNG stations, restaurants and hotels near your location.
We have researched and assembled a buying guide along with the types of the best GPS with backup camera systems for you. Let’s get started.
Things to Consider Before Buying
- The best GPS backup camera combo integrate with your vehicle effortlessly.
- The technological advancement that is assimilated in this device helps you in your daily life and makes things easier for you while you are travelling.
- The GPS cameras are available in different screen sizes. The most common screen size is 7 inches.
- Screen size matters the most when you are watching it as a TV or as a backup camera GPS navigation system.
- A large screen view helps to improve the user experience by guiding you to your location and providing you with a clear view of your surroundings.
- A large screen car GPS with google maps also shows the best route to your location without traffic issues.
- The best GPS unit with rear view camera shows high resolution images and maps. With the crisp resolutions that the GPS offers it is easy to read the name and identify every road and street ahead.
- A best GPS mirror with backup camera can provide 1080p resolution which is highest available resolution at the time with the combo of a large screen that can be your best travel guide.
- Most GPS unit with backup camera systems are easy to install. The GPS mirror with backup camera mounts on your rear view mirror.
- The stereo unit fits in the radio space and the dash cam is set on the dash board. These systems are easy to install and don’t take much space in your car.
- The best GPS with wireless camera also provide touch screen mode so the customer can zoom in the images or rotate the map at an angle of 360 degrees to navigate through the roads with ease.
We have narrowed down some top notch products so here you go.
Top 6 Best GPS With Backup Camera
| Garmin Nüvi Portable Bluetooth Car GPS|
☞ 7 inch display
☞ Dual orientation capability
☞ Multiple locations navigation
| Garmin Drive 60LM GPS |
☞ High quality Hand-free calls
☞ Covers worldwide locations
☞ Hand free Message reading
| Garmin Drive 50 USA LM GPS |
☞ Notifies about traffic conditions
☞ Portable battery
☞ 4.4 x 2.5 inches display
| VVCAR Mirror Dash Backup Camera Touch Screen|
☞ 12 inches screen size
☞ Records sudden accidental scenes
☞ G-sensor for various alerts
|Garmin BC 30 Wireless Backup Camera|
☞ 2.4 GHz transmission type
☞ Up to 45 feet transmission range
☞ 240 p picture resolution
| Cesto vet GPS BackUp Cam|
☞ 7-inch display screen
☞ Built-in backup camera
☞ 36GB extended memory
- Efficient navigation engine
- Traffic updates
- Lane identification
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Faintly smaller size than other similar devices
- Excessive detail on screen
- Takes time in processing
- 7 inch display
- Zoom-in and dual orientation capability
- Multiple renowned locations navigation
- Foursquare display view
- Bluetooth connectivity
This navigation and backup camera system has 5 inches display with zoom in capability and dual oriented view mode so you can view the map with ease according to your planned route. This GPS with backup camera and blue tooth makes navigation easier by showing complex routes in a simpler way allowing you to reach your destination through the most tranquil route available.
The GPS with backup camera and Bluetooth lets you search millions of new destinations like restaurants, malls, airports and shops.
The Garmin Nuvi GPS wireless back up camera has lifetime map update function which can help you in your multiple travels to a destination.
If a place you visited on your last visit gets closed, or some new shorter roads are built toward your destination, you will have the information beforehand with the help of Garmin car navigation system with backup camera.
This backup camera GPS navigation system shows traffic routines with latest map data that allows you to set your routine accordingly.
Garmin GPS with backup camera and Bluetooth has a Voice Activated Navigation and Smartphone Link Capability.
I love this device. It is a real game changer but I admit that it require some updates and changes.
2. Garmin Drive 60LM GPS Navigator
- Connects to Wi-Fi automatically
- Detects Road traffic
- High resolution display screen
- Bluetooth connection not portable
- Takes time in processing
- Requires constant update
- High quality Hand-free calls
- Best car GPS with google maps
- Covers worldwide locations
- In-built Wi-Fi network connectivity
- Hand free Message reading
This GPS with rear view camera has built in Wi Fi that allows you to get latest software which helps in downloading updated maps. This backup camera GPS navigation system covers the detailed routes and locations in Canada, United States and Mexico.
TomTom GPS with backup camera and blue tooth provides high quality hand free calls any time anywhere due to its amazing blue tooth connectivity.
This GPS navigation & wireless reverse blue tooth backup camera provides precise traffic routine information that enables you to intelligently plan your route around traffic.
TomTom GPS and backup camera combo also updates enhanced maps frequently. The TomTom GO 620 GPS unit with backup camera reads messages from your phone for you while your hands are busy in driving.
It is a good unit with a quite large screen with some cool features. It does not mean that it works perfectly. It does give me some tough times when I was in a hurry and it showed me every possible route that it can. It only happens once.
- Voice directions
- Quick access to networks
- Excellent screen resolution
- Easy readability of every small detail
- Vibration resistant
- Doesn’t include worldwide map
- Low Battery life
- Daily alerts
- Notifies about traffic conditions
- Foursquare view for multiple location tracking
- Portable battery
- 4.4 x 2.5 inches display
This amazing automotive GPS with backup camera sends voice alerts so you can be aware of any sharp turns, traffic jams, school zones or red lights ahead. This function enables you to drive safely and plane your routes accordingly.
This GPS wireless back up camera is equipped with latest design and advanced features. The display uses four square screens that shows new and popular restaurants, stores and other places. The screen resolution of this best portable GPS for car is 480 x 272 pixels.
This GPS mirror with backup camera displays current speed of your vehicle, the current street zone where you are driving, and the estimated arrival time on your destination.
The GPS with video input has a rechargeable Lithium Ion battery that works for 1 hour. The GPS and backup camera combo simplifies navigation so you can select multiple locations easily.
The Display size of this best GPS with backup camera is 4.4 inch wide and 2.5 inch in height.
This GPS with rear view camera has built-in white back light which brings brightness to the screen enhancing visibility. This best GPS wireless back up camera mounts on your rear view mirror.
My husband fell ill. Actually he got a storke and I am unaware of routes. I have to take my husband to different states for medical appointments. This device remained my assistance throughout my tough time. I am glad that my husband bought this for our car.
4. VVCAR Mirror Dash Backup Camera Touch Screen
- HD quality LCD screen
- Clear visibility
- Clear picture quality
- Guides during parking
- Lane detection
- 170° front and 140° wide rear view angle
- Big and wide display touch screen
- Slow functioning
- Low performance
- Works only for mirror view
- 12 inches screen size
- Records sudden accidental scenes
- G-sensor for various alerts
- Low-reflective IPS LCD screen
This best GPS with backup camera has a 12 inch display with touch screen that allows easy and quick navigation.
The device has built-in storage chip that records the videos made from the camera. The front camera records videos in 1296 p quality and the back-up camera shows videos of 1080 p resolution.
The GPS and backup camera combo wireless has loop recording function so all previous recordings are being overwritten after the memory space gets full. But this backup camera GPS navigation system also has a G-sensor that automatically detects a sudden shock and lock the video clip that doesn’t let the overwriting function delete it even in loop recording.
This GPS with rear view camera combines a large F1.8 aperture with WDR and HDR which ensures the clarity of images even at the darkest of places. This amazing feature eradicates the need for an auxiliary light source even at night, making it easy to obtain sharp, color-accurate images. This features ensure safe driving and safe parking.
The portable navigation with backup camera also has a lane departure warning system. While driving the GPS automatically detects your lane and releases an audible alarm if the vehicle is out of the driving lane. The device is also easy to install.
This camera works fine for me as I wanted to have a wireless camera instead of an extra length that I can fix easily. This is easy to install and made my life much easier.
5. Garmin BC 30 Wireless Backup Camera
- Allows connectivity to 4 cameras simultaneously
- Convenient functioning
- Wireless connection
- Low resolution quality
- Slow performance
- 2.4 GHz transmission type
- Up to 45 feet transmission range
- 240 p picture resolution
- Compatible with other Garmin GPS mirrors
This in dash backup camera GPS works with most Garmin GPS devices. The gps navigation & wireless reverse blue tooth backup camera system in this device shows whats behind your vehicle in reverse mode. This function allows easy parking that forbids any instant hitting and damage of vehicle while parking.
The camera has 240 p resolution that works best with Garmin navigator. You can connect it to power connection through wire and easily use it as both camera and navigation moods.
This automotive GPS with backup cameramakes high definition videos from a distance of 45 meter. The videos shown through this navigation and backup camera system are HD quality.
The material used in this device is of tough quality that allows it to work accurately even in harsh weather.
My Prius 2007 model came with a back up camera that works very slow so I started to hunt for a GPS system that has all the latest features and most importantly it shouldn’t be slow like my previous one. It is exactly what I have wanted.
6. Cesto vet GPS Navigator & HD Backup Camera
- Traffic routes regular alerts
- Speed limit warnings
- Customizable route plans
- Doesn’t include USB ports
- 12 V Low battery life
- Low performance
- 7-inch display screen
- Updates about traffic alerts
- Voice alerts that help in navigation
- Built-in backup camera
- 36GB extended memory
This automotive GPS with backup camera has a 7 inches last display. The screen also provides touch sensors that respond quickly without any delay.
This nav system with backup camera has built-in map storage. The GPS and rear view camera has stored the maps of USA, Canada and Mexico. The online maps can also download many other country map that can be navigated easily.
This best GPS with backup camera also supports map search through post code, street name, and house address. The best rated GPS systems for cars also provides intelligent camera alerts of the vehicle’s current speed. The alerts also include sound warning and estimated arrival time which help in Route Planning.
The In-dash backup camera GPS also has built-in storage capacity of up to 8GB ROM. It also supports up to 32G extended memory.
It is my first purchase for the GPS system. I am totally naive to this kind of technology.
Types of GPS with Backup Cameras
Dash Camera System
- These GPS with video input system come in several screen sizes and are solidly made with a steady base.
- This car navigation system with backup camera sit on your dashboard rather than mounting to your rear view mirror.
- These GPS mirror with backup camera are a type of built-in unit that is embedded in high-end vehicles that include GPS and a pop-up screen.
Mirror Dash Cam
- GPS with wireless backup camera system usually come in the form of a mirror dash cam, which is placed on top your existing rear-view mirror.
- These rearview mirror backup camera GPS are attached via straps or other mounting methods and have a built-in front view camera.
- The GPS systems are typically wider in screen than standard rear view mirrors. The wide screen view offer a fuller picture. These mirror dash cams also provide car GPS with google maps.
- This GPS with backup camera and blue tooth is fitted within the space of your car’s original stereo.
- Older cars had this version of navigation system that was fitted within radio or auxiliary connectivity device.
- Car Stereo GPS unit with backup camera units can be single or double DIN, conditional to the size of the vehicle’s center dash cluster.
Benefits of GPS and Backup Camera Combo
GPS unit with back up camera usually have both front and rear camera so the users have the benefit of every view and information of their surroundings very well. The camera also allows you to record every location you have visited and share your every moment with your loved ones.
Most GPS units are available independently in the market and people have to purchase back up camera for them separately. This doubles the cost for the consumer. The GPS with camera and blue tooth works as a two in one functional device so you don’t have to worry about installing different devices at higher cost.
Many old luxury cars had GPS system embedded in them as a standard equipment but the technological advancement has made it possible to have the GPS and camera combo in one device so you can upgrade your car system. Install a best GPS wireless camera combo in your vehicle to enjoy the latest versions of both.
The best upgraded technology always improves the value of any machinery. So is the case with cars. It’s a lot easier to drive a vehicle with navigation and camera capabilities. If you have purchased a car that has all the technologically upgraded systems in it and later on if you intend to sell it, the inclusion of GPS unit with backup camera will increase the value of your car to the potential buyer.
Add to your vehicle’s safety features. Safety features set one model apart from another. Increase the number of safety features in your car by installing automotive GPS with backup camera. The best GPS navigation for car ensures that you are secure in your road travel and a GPS mirror with backup camera allows you to have a view of your surroundings.
With all these thoughts in mind, we have selected 6 best car navigation and backup camera system for you so you can never feel lost again while traveling on the road. Click here
What is the best after market backup camera?
Ans. Garmin Drive 60 is one best choice for a backup camera system. It comes with all the latest and updated features.
Is a backup camera necessary?
Ans. Yes it is. According to the new regulation of US, it is necessary to have a rearview camera.
How to install a backup GPS camera?
Ans. It is easy to install a GPS backup camera. It does not require any kind of wiring. You can simply just install a camera and keep that near to the driving seat.